Big news on some awesome RocketCat Games we are working on. First up we are excited to announce the release of Mage Gauntlet on Android Sept 18th! The predecessor to Wayward Souls, Mage Gauntlet still is considered one of the best action RPGs on mobile. Inspired by The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and The Secret of Mana, you have to fight and explore your way through a humorous storyline about eccentric wizards, powerful artifacts, and dangerous monsters.
The game will be launching at $1.99 for the first week on a launch sale then move up to $2.99 regular price. Stay tuned for more information closer to launch.
Secondly, as you probably are aware, Wayward Souls has recently been updated on iOS with controller support and some other goodies. Well now that we have the final version of the update, we too will be updating the Android versions of Wayward. And what better time to release the update than the same week as the Mage Gauntlet launch aka Sept 18th. The price will also be increasing soon after the update hits so get it now! The full change log is as follows:
- Big new dungeon added: Endless Mode. A max difficulty dungeon with random floor types. See how far you can get!
- Scoreboards added for Endless Mode. Shows your character used, their hat, and what floor you got to.
- Controller support, including support for menus and the tutorial.
- By popular request: Boss healthbars at the bottom of the screen.
- More hats.
- New “Support” section in extras.
- Coin magnet is now stronger, kicks in faster.
- Saint Statue changes:
- Fixed a big bug that mostly prevented them from appearing
- Statue buffs last between level transitions.
- Getting “Protection” also protects your other buffs.
- Rogue’s Fake Out upgrade is now completely revamped
- Dashing through an enemy for first time places a decoy of yourself
- Decoy works like the mage’s item, Walwin’s Frock
- Adventurer Lantern changes.
- Using a lantern now roots you in place for 0.4 seconds.
- All lanterns now do more damage. We may adjust this upwards.
- Rare new enemy group added.
- More or less impossible to achieve secret hat added.
We are getting closer to release and thought we would let you guys see the new gameplay trailer for Joinz! We are targeting a Sept 18th Launch on iOS for the game and Android a little bit down the road. Hope you like it and mark your calendars!
Hey everyone! We are back again to showcase a brand new game we are helping release called Joinz. Joinz is a clever block sliding puzzle game that can be best described as Tetris meets Threes!.
Using swipe controls, players must arrange blocks on the playing field and “join” them together to create the required Tetris style shapes at the top of the screen. As you progress, more colors will be added to the board and only like colors can be joined together.
To help you on your quest for high score supremacy, power ups become available as more shapes are created. There are a variety of power ups that you can use as you see fit, or save for later when things really start to get hairy.
Each move that doesn’t join one block to another introduces a new block onto the playing field. The goal of the game is to try and set as high score as possible and it has all the Game Center integrations you would expect to see.
Joinz is a beautiful game that isn’t overly cluttered and has an awesome soundtrack. A gameplay trailer showcasing this will be coming soon as well as a release date and pricing. The game contains no in app purchases or timers or anything like that.
Stay tuned for more news regarding a release date and final pricing of Joinz!
I dont know about you, but I love a good fantasy adventure rpg! That is why we are super excited to announce that we will be bringing Devious Dungeon to Google Play and Amazon this Thursday July 31st! This great game is made by Ravenous Games, the team behind the hit League of Evil and Random Heroes games.
Devious Dungeons is a rogue-like adventure with procedurally generated levels. Battle your way through five worlds collecting loot, gear and powering up your character to take on all the baddies found within.
For all the details on the game including press materials, please head over to the press kit page which can be found here.
The popular trials themed spin off of Spokkos, Zombie Road Trip is coming back with its first huge content update.
For those who don’t know, ZRT Trials launched back in May and gained 3.3 million downloads on iOS and Android (1.7 and 1.6 respectively) already. The game has you flipping, shooting and doing various tricks across many zombie infested landscapes as you complete missions and goals. ZRT Trials contains already contains tons of cars, levels and weapons as well as an awesome a-sync multiplayer mode to compete against your friends.
This update brings out 9 new cars, with 2 new worlds containing 16 new levels and 200 hundred missions to expand the already 200+ hours of gameplay. One of the new worlds is actually based off our own sucessful game, Flappy Golf! This is the biggest crossover since that time Kramer appeared on Mad About You (90s TV FTW).
Everyones favorite Flounder (he isnt actually a Flounder) is back in an all new update! The Adventures of Small Fry is getting a massive overhaul with new features, mechanics and more.
The first and most significant is the addition of an all new gameplay mode called Hyperspace. After surviving in space long enough, a space ship might just appear and by jumpin in, you can navigate the cosmos at light speed. This new mode uses a swipe up and down mechanic to avoid asteroids as they hurdle past you.
Secondly daily challenges have been added to keep players coming back for more. These challenges offer juicy rewards if you can complete them and range in objectives from collecting certain items, travelling certain distances and more. Check back each day for a new challenge!
The last major change is probably the least exciting one as we changed up a bunch of the tutorial and UI elements. Basically these are bug fixes and other little things to help make the game flow and just feel better.
That’s right! Android users rejoice, the smash hit ‘Wayward Souls’ is hitting Google Play on July 10th. This 2d rogue like has been praised by the games media and we couldn’t be more excited to bring this game to Android.
The game will launch with the original content from iOS as well as the recent content update. Because the game is a premium title that increases its price on each update, we will be sticking to parity on Android. However for the launch week, we will be selling the game for $4.99 at a launch sale since iOS users were able to initially grab it for that price. After that we will move it up to $5.99 and continue to increase price with each content update Rocketcat submits.
Just wanted give you guys the scoop on a new game we are helping release from fellow Canadian developer Massive Damage (creators of Please Stay Calm) called Zombie Puzzle Panic!
Being a “publisher” as well as a development team, we have always wanted to work with a wide variety of game types. Be it action, puzzle, racing and more. One genre we never really got into though was match-3. We know match-3′s can be a divisive genre, but when done right, they can be really fun and we love them.
So when Massive Damage came to us with their unique spin and super fun game Zombie Puzzle Panic, we jumped at the chance to work with them.
Zombie Puzzle Panic is maybe best described as 1 part Candy Crush, 1 part Fallout 3 and 1 part zombie apocalypse It uses some familiar match-3 mechanics but changes up the formula by adding various types of zombies, weapons and survivors to the mix.
Mission types vary from taking out zombies, to rescuing survivors to protecting scientists as hordes of the undead swarm your playing field. Some zombies just wander aimlessly while others scratch up or freeze your board making it harder to make matches. You can even deploy armed survivors and position them on the playing field to give yourself a fighting chance!
All these things add up to a super fun, addicting and unique game that we hope you guys will dig. It is probably no surprise, but the game will be F2P and we hope that we hit a fair balance for all players to enjoy.
ATTENTION! – The ball trail glitch has been fixed in the most recent update. But there is still a graphical glitch on Everest Hole 8 where the Egg is behind a rock. This was not intended and should be corrected in a later update. Thanks.
Over the next few hours, then highly anticipated update to Flappy Golf should be going live! Fans have been salivating at the idea of new content so here is what you can expect:
- New Courses. We have retrofitted 20 courses from the original SSG for you to get your flap on in. Die hard SSG fans will recognize the likes of The Tar Sands, The Haunted Hills, The Slew, The Cliffs, Rooftops and more!
- Characters. One thing we have learnt is that everyone who plays Flappy Golf loves the multiplayer. So instead of just letting you customize your ball colour, we went 1 step further with unlockable characters, both conventional and down right weird. Who doesn’t want to flap around a golf course on the moon as a piece of toast? I know I do.
- Ball Trails. To add an extra level of customization we brought over all the ball trails from Super Stickman Golf 2® as well. So what is better than playing as toast on mars? Toast with a rainbow trail on mars. Duh.
- Eggs. The big question with the ball trails and characters is, “how do you unlock them?”. Well eggs is the answer. Like Golf Bux, eggs are found floating in levels and can be earned from multiplayer matches. And you can get a ton of them from playing multiplayer, 8 player games especially. To encourage players to not rage quit games early, eggs will be rewarded just for completing holes, as well bonuses based on how you rank at the end of the match. We wanted to engage players to just keep playing even if they are not as good as their competitors. Everyone wins basically! And no, there are NO iAP’s to get more eggs faster. They are part of the game as is and the only iAP is the remove ad option.
We really hope you guys enjoy the additions to this game that almost never came out.
Jupiter Jump, the first entry of our “Noodlecade” games is almost here!
Jupiter Jump is a simple, one touch, twitch style arcade game that is fast paced and brutally difficult in the best of ways.
Being propelled from the force of your crashed ship, all you can do is tap to increase your gravity and slam down to the surface. Avoid the mines and bank as many points as you can. However there is a catch. If you can get close enough to the mines without blowing yourself to bits, you will get a near miss bonus that increases your score multiplier.
The higher your multiplier, the better your score, but the better chance you might end up as tiny bits of space junk. It is classic risk vs reward and incredibly addictive. There are also portals to new worlds that might even provide you with a bit of a bonus if you can get there.
Jupiter Jump will be free and ad supported with an iAP to turn them off if you choose. You can also see your friends scores with the local leaderboard integration. We are hoping for a launch in the next couple weeks depending on the review process. Stay tuned via twitter for all the news!
We are excited to announce that our friends over at Spokko have created a spin off of their hit game Zombie Road Trip called Zombie Road Trip: Trials aka ZRT:Trials.
We helped Spokko publish the original ZRT (which was downloaded over 13 million times!) so it was a no brainer that we would help them with the launch of ZRT: Trials this time around. Check out the trailer!
ZRT: Trials has hundreds of missions for you and your friends with the addition of an awesome multiplayer mode along with the single player campaign. With an arsenal of weapons, a multitude of cars and a variety of unique locations, ZRT: Trials has a ton of awesome content to unlock.
Zombie Road Trip Trials features:
- 480 physics based missions
- 10+ hours of single player
- zombies with realistic rag doll physics
- cross platform multiplayer
- lots of upgradable cars and weapons
- leaderboards and achievements
ZRT: Trials will be launching very shortly. We are just finalizing some of our launch date details so stay tuned for the exact date. If you want any additional information about ZRT: Trials or are interested in working with us on a publisher level, be sure to send us an email to email@example.com